Vacation Property Check Program About the Program The Vacation Property Check Program provides an overall increase in police presence around your home during your time away. This program makes available a free residential security check for vacationing residents of single-family homes. Registered homes are periodically checked during the homeowner’s absence by the Newaygo County Sheriff’s Office. During a vacation security check of a residence, the deputy patrols the property to ensure the home is secured and the windows and doors are locked and undamaged. If by chance a burglary occurs at the residence while the homeowner is away, the designated “emergency contact” person will be notified. Due to staffing issues and unforeseen circumstances we cannot guarantee the safety of your home or personal property. This program is a public service to help safeguard citizens’ property and allow for a rapid response and owner notification in the event of a problem. The Vacation Property Check service is offered at no charge to residence. Program Qualifications To be eligible for the Vacation Property Check Program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- No forms will be accepted by mail or fax.
- Residence must be in Newaygo County.
- Residents are required to call the Sheriff’s Office if they return.
- Service does not include feeding animals, watering plants, or picking up mail and newspapers.
- Service is not available for homes that are vacant or for rent.
- A “Vacation Property Check” form must be completed at the Sheriff’s Office in person.