Reports are typically available within 5 to 10 business days of date the report was taken. Please call during regular business hours to check the status of a report.
Accident reports are available online at www.ReportBeam.com ($10 fee) or can be purchased at the Newaygo County Sheriff’s Administrative Office ($10 fee cash, credit or debit card).
Incident reports can be obtained at our office or through the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, depending on the type of report. Incident reports processed through the Sheriff’s Office are $10 and the fee for incident reports that are handled through the FOIA process vary depending on the number and type of reports requested and the length of time it takes to process the request. FOIA requests are forwarded and billed through the County Administration Office (231-689-7234). Click here open a FOIA Request Form
There is a $10.00 notary charge for a License to Purchase.
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please bring a current MI state ID or Driver’s license.
- Safety training class must be completed first.
- All CCW/CPL information, applications, classes and renewals are processed at the Newaygo County Clerk’s Office (231-689-7235) and kits are available at the Clerks Office or on the Michigan State Police website.
- Livescan fingerprinting is available at the Newaygo County Sheriff’s Office Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
The following links will provide you with additional regarding MI handgun laws and other information:
- Pistol Sales & Registration Information
- PA377 Document & FAQ’s
- MI Self-Defense Spray Laws
- MI CCW/CPL Information
- MI Gun Law FAQ’s
- US CPL Reciprocity Information