Newaygo County Recycling
Since June, 2017, the Newaygo County Board of Public Works has overseen the recycling sites across the county. The Board of Public Works is housed within the Drain Office. Follow us on facebook through Newaygo County Recycling or through our Drain Office facebook page. Household recycling is a way to reuse items so they do not end up in a landfill. In order to sell the recycled materials, they must be clean and only the items listed must be put in the provided containers.
- Garbage bags: No garbage bags, dump recyclables out into container.
- Newspaper: No strings or in plastic bags.
- Paper: No wrapping paper, tissue paper, or wax paper.
- Plastics: Only containers with number 1-7 on the bottom. Must be rinsed, clean, and no lids. Labels are okay.
- Styrofoam: ONLY accepted at our Fremont site.
This service is provided to county residents to promote and protect the environment by reusing items. No trash, household items, or anything hazardous may be dropped off at these locations.
You can help support recycling services in our community! Donations from our residents help keep our program funded! Along with the environmental benefits of reducing landfill waste, recycling can benefit the community and the economy as well!
Here’s how you can help support our recycling program!
Cash- Donation boxes are located at each recycle site.
Credit card payments- The QR code on the right is a link to a secure county website where card information can be entered.
Check/Money order– Make payable to Newaygo County and mail to Newaygo County Drain Office at 306 S North St. White Cloud, MI 49349.
Have something more to recycle? Learn more below:
- For frequently asked questions, visit the EPA website by clicking here.
- Tires- learn about tire collection day here.
- Household hazardous waste- Such as TV’s, batteries, lightbulbs, etc. Learn more about what materials are accepted on household hazardous waste collections days here.
- More information on these events can be found in Board of Public Works.
Below are the transfer stations listed for your convenience. We are not affiliated with the transfer stations and cannot answer any questions in regards to them.
Wilcox Transfer Station: 2880 E Monroe St, White Cloud- (231) 689-2133. Every Saturday 9am-2pm.
Croton Transfer Station: 5600 E Elm St, Croton- (231) 652-3330 Newaygo.
Everett Transfer Station: 2410 S Spruce, White Cloud. Corner of Spruce & 24th St
Merrill Transfer Station: 9555 N Bingham Ave, Baldwin- Located at Bingham & 12 Mile Rd.