AgingWell Exercise is an hour-long exercise program geared towards individuals 60 and up. The main objectives of the class are to promote disease prevention, core strength, and muscle strength in fun ways! The social environment of the class encourages continued attendance and promotes healthy lifestyles that enhance ones quality of life.
In a typical class, participants will experience:
- A certified instructor with special training in group exercise and senior exercise
- A 10-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- 10-20-minutes of aerobic workout.
- 10-20-minutes of strength training with soft ankle and wrist weights (0 up to 10 pounds)
- A 5-minute cool down to keep the muscles flexible
- Lots of opportunities for participants to make new friends and acquaintances
This is an ongoing, year round program
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays – 10am to 11am
Location: St. Bartholomew Catholic Church
599 W. Brooks Street, Newaygo, MI 49337
Suggested Donation – $2.00 per class
Senior Project Fresh
A state program where COA provides $40 of fresh Michigan produce coupons to households who meet the income requirements. This program is available to those 60+ in the Newaygo County. Distribution of coupons happens over one week in June. To get on the mailing list for information on this program, call COA 231-689-2100.
This program is funded by the Fremont Area Community Foundation