Citizen Appointments to Board or Commissions
- Persons interested in serving on county boards or commissions may apply for appointment by submitting an application to the Newaygo County Clerk.
- Positions are published for available openings in the Times Indicator.
- Interviews are held during Board of Commission meetings, and are scheduled by the Administration Department.
- Appointments are made at a subsequent Board of Commission meeting.
- Applications are kept on file for a 1-year period.
- Applications are accepted on an on-going basis for vacancies existing on boards and commissions. Depending on time frames, interviews may be scheduled for these vacancies at the time applications are received and when authorized by the Board of Commissioners. Please contact the Clerk’s Office for information regarding any current vacancies.
Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis for the following vacancies:
Brownfield Authority Board One (1) partial term expiring 12/31/2023
Commission on Aging Advisory Board Two (2) partial terms expiring 9/30/2024
District 5 Extension Council One (1) partial term expiring 12/31/2023
Pere Marquette & White River Two (2) partial terms expiring 12/31/2024
Zoning Boards (alternate positions)
*Area Agency on Aging One (1) one-year term expiring 1/1/2023
Board of Public Works Two (2) three-year terms expiring 12/31/2022
Brownfield Authority Board Three (3) three-year terms expiring 12/31/2022
District 5 Extension Council One (1) three-year term expiring 12/31/2022
Parks Commission Two (2) three-year terms expiring 12/31/2022
Road Commission One (1) six-year term expiring 12/31/2022
*Applicants for the Consumer Representative Position on the Area Agency on Aging Board must be 60 years of age or older and a resident of Newaygo County to apply for this position. An appointment will be made for a partial one-year term commencing upon appointment.