Most hearings are being livestreamed to YouTube using Zoom. You will be asked to go to Zoom.us and select Join a Meeting. If you are scheduled for a remote hearing using Zoom you will be provided appearance information with your hearing notice. This information can also be found below. Judges may have variations on how they would like remote hearings to be conducted.
Please always reference your notice of hearing for the correct remote appearance information. You will need to enter the correct judicial officer’s PMI Number to access the hearing.
- Go to Zoom.us and click on Join a Meeting.
- When prompted enter the PMI Number provided on your notice of hearing.
- When asked by Zoom select Join with Audio so that he judge can hear you.
- You will be placed in a Virtual Waiting Room. The Court Clerk will allow you into the hearing when it is your turn. Please stay in the Virtual Waiting Room until the Court Clerk lets you in.
- When the Court Clerk lets you in it will show on your screen that you are in the meeting.
- Please make sure that you check that you are not on mute and that your video on your device is on. If the judge cannot see or hear you he or she may ask that you make adjustments.
- When your hearing is done you may click Leave Meeting or the Court Clerk will remove you from the meeting.
Most public hearings are livestreamed on YouTube to provide the public with access to hearings without them having to be physically present. Hearings livestreamed on YouTube are removed at a later time.
If the Circuit Court is having technical difficulties and the livestream does not work the court hearings will be uploaded after the docket for the day is completed to provide hearing access to the public.
You can watch livestreams from Circuit Court with Judge Springstead, Judge Dykman, or Friend of the Court with Referee Paige anytime the courtrooms are in session.
Judge Springstead in Circuit Court
Judge Dykman in Circuit Court
Referee Paige in Friend of the Court
Circuit Court Appearance Information
Referee Paige Zoom Invite Instructions
Court Is in Session
Please remember that Court is in session when you are appearing remotely. You should prepare and dress for court just as you would if you were appearing in person.
The Clerk will let you into the meeting (hearing) when your case is called. Please wait in the virtual waiting room and be ready to unmute your microphone so that you can be heard by the judge and other hearing participants. You will automatically be on mute in the waiting room, so be familiar with the controls on your phone or device as each is different. Your phone can also be unmuted by pressing *6.
Please complete a test prior to your scheduled hearing by visiting Zoom.us:
Still Having Trouble?
It is recommended that you practice prior to your court hearing if you have never used Zoom before. If you practice ahead of time and have trouble you may contact us at email@example.com – please do not wait until right before your hearing to test your device. Our Zoom Tips section below has info on how to prepare for your hearing by conducting a test and provides other general information to remember while appearing remotely.
Please keep the following tips in mind when appearing remotely:
- Please stand/sit still. Also keep your phone or device as still as possible.
- Do not sit with your back to windows or bright lights.
- When you are in the waiting room – please wait until the Clerk lets you in. Do not leave and re-enter the waiting room in hopes of speeding up the process. This may lead to you actually being out of the waiting room when your case is called.
- While in the waiting room, please make sure your device shows your name so that the Clerk knows you are present. If it does not show your name please rename yourself with the following steps:
- Hover over your device in the waiting room.
- A blue More button should appear.
- Click the blue More button and the option to Rename should appear.
- Click the Rename option and type your name in where it says Enter a new screen name.
- Hit okay. Your name will now appear on the screen.
Thank you! We appreciate your patience.