The Newaygo County Parks is currently seeking individuals to serve as volunteer campground hosts. Please review the below posting and job description, and if interested, fax the completed application to 231-689-7205. Alternatively, you may also deliver your application in person or by mail to:
Newaygo County Human Resources
1087 Newell, P.O. Box 885
White Cloud, MI 49349
- Volunteer commitment for a period of up to 30 weeks
- A weekly commitment is 32 hours per week
- Campground hosts are needed at Sandy Beach Campground, Henning Park Campground, White Cloud County Park, Pettibone Park, and Diamond Lake Campground
- Will be required to maintain residency at the County Park – campsite, campsite utilities, and annual park vehicle pass will be provided
- Under the supervision of the Park Manager and Parks Director, performs routine maintenance and developmental tasks within a particular park site. Duties may result in exposure to inclement weather. The typical workweek includes two weekday and two-weekend shifts.
- Campground Hosts may apply as an individual or couple.
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous customer service and custodial experience or experience in a related field is preferred
- Must have a valid MI Drivers’ license with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Good character with no history of serious criminal activity
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete a “Volunteer Campground Host Application” and submit it to Newaygo County Human Resources, PO Box 885, White Cloud, MI 49349, or personal delivery at 1087 Newell Street, White Cloud, MI. You may locate the Host Application at www.countyofnewaygo.com Careers Page.